LEWISHAM REFUGEE AND MIGRANT NETWORK HARDSHIP FUND
Is used to help our clients in their times of crisis. It is a lifeline for many who have nobody to turn to and nowhere to go for support. Your donation however small will be used to those who are eligible to receive the funds.
The Hardship Fund is open to our clients suffering financial hardship if they fall under the following categories:
- They have no recourse to public funds, not receiving money from employment or any other sources.
- They are eligible for benefits but they have had their benefits abruptly terminated/suspended and need temporary financial assistance until their benefits are re-instated.
- They have previously been supported by NASS but have been given Refugee Status and are no longer eligible for NASS, but still have no other benefit money coming in for several weeks.
- They must already be using LRMN services or intending to use our services.
What we fund:
We will fund requests for the following:
- Non-cosmetic products for women’s health and care
- Emergency travel costs
- Baby milk
- Other essential items
What we do not fund:
The funding will be for one-off items. We will not give funding to something that requires ongoing support and commitment as the amount of funding available will be variable.
We will not fund the following:
- Rent/council tax
- Utility bills
- Education costs
- Applications to the UKBA